Tuesday, September 7, 2010

If You Give a Mom a Talented and Sweet Husband

It has been a few days since I was able to write on the blog/website.  But a lot has happened since my last post.

Thursday while out eating our date lunch (we take those now that the girls are back in school ... works perfect - NO BABYSITTER NEEDED), my husband and I were talking about the decor for the shop.  I had been mulling over a few ideas and he even found a few cool ideas online.  As I sat there thinking I decided on a retro theme.  I thought why not stay with the theme of the logo and just go retro with the findings as well as the paint/paper job.  This got me real excited so we went to the Antique Mall and found retro (or should I say old - from my childhood) toys.  This will be something I am familar with, because most things I am getting I once had myself (i.e. a Mickey Mouse Club lunch box) or played with at friends.  I got quite a few and also have some I got at yard sales a few years ago, so that is how I am going to decorate the shop.  We also decided to paint with the colors and design on this site, purple and lavender (my favorite colors anyway) using them in stripes.  We went back and forth with a harlequin design but it just didn't seem to fit.  So once we get in we have 2 walls to knock down and then we can paint.

Now the most exciting news, we got our loan money to start the business.  It is a small signature loan, but thankfully due to Allan's job and our once being loyal customers of this credit union, they accepted us.  So now I have the much needed cash to get us up and running.  It goes into our new savings account tomorrow (Wed).

So as I sit and plan my first party, Lily's 10th, I am now getting more and more excited about the possibilities of this business really being real.  I was a tad worried last night since we hadn't heard and Sept is beginning to tick away.  Oct 9th will be here before you know it.  So silently I came up with a back up plan (or 2) if we aren't ready to open the store to others.  Lily will have her 10th birthday there - ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS - STYLE.

Thanks for all the prayers ... keep them coming ... we are just beginning this new exciting adventure.

Feeling all giddy and like a kid,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment